DGG JOBS BOARD
To post a job: The Jobs Board is available for free to DGG VIP Members. If you aren't a member, but would like to have your post added to the Jobs Board, the fee is $75 for one month.
Your $75 payment will get you one posting on the jobs board, one social media post to DGG's Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter accounts, one post in DGG's monthly e-newsletter, and your post will be sent directly to the students of the Industrial Sewing Certificate Program (if applicable). Please fill out the application and once completed, click the Buy Now button at the top of the page to make the transaction.
PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO VIEW JOBS BOARD
Jill Garber Couture - Le Nouveaurose LLC
Jill Garber Couture is a high end boutique line - hand crafted from original patterns using antique and rare materials such as pure silk, embroideries, silk velvet, silk fringes and hand made lace. Jill Garber's collection is defined by her timeless, one of a kind "art to wear" philosophy where every garment is approached and crafted with special nuances - just as in the early days of the small, intimate haute couture houses in Paris.
We work with disciplined individuals who love working in the comfort of their own home, or studio.
• Must be experienced in sewing with silk, lace and velvet
• Knowledge and value for french seams, hand sewing, silk linings and beautiful finishes
• Understanding of/ and desire to sew on unusual - fine embroidered fabrics, delicate piping and silk fringes
• Desire to experiment, unafraid to learn new methods and improve skills
• Appreciation for history and beautiful fabrics, trims and materials
• Must have good quality sewing machine and minimum 2 years of experience sewing by hand and machine as well as following patterns.
• Good attitude and work ethic with desire to do ones best work for the sake of pride in craft.
• Clean, pet free, smoke free sewing area and practice good house keeping.
• Must sign confidentiality agreement
• No prima donnas
Jill Garber studied at Parson's School of Design in New York and has spent her life working as a designer in Los Angeles in the fields of home decor, gifts, jewelry and apparel. This is an excellent opportunity to work with a truly visionary designer.
Feel free to review Jill's style and collection on INSTAGRAM : Jillgarbercouture
Apply at email@example.com ATT: Isabelle
Extang, A Truck Hero Company
Ann Arbor, MI
The Industrial Sewer will be sewing vinyl tonneau covers while ensuring all quality standards and production rates are met.
Responsible for sewing vinyl tonneau covers efficiently using an industrial sewing machine
Maintain a clean work area by practicing good housekeeping
Ensure safety and quality standards are met
Complete production reports daily
Rework nonconforming covers
All other duties assigned by Production Supervisor
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
2 years of industrial sewing experience preferred
Ability to read a tape measure
Ability to thread sewing machine
Knowledge and experience working with single and/or double needles