DG3’s Gift Guide for Guys: Part 1
Guys can be hard to shop for, unless they tell you they specifically want a game for their new PlayStation 4 (which, let’s face it, you’d be on the fence about getting for them anyway). When choosing something for you dad, brother or significant other, it’s good to think about what they do on a daily basis, the kind of tech accessories they have and what their homes looks like. For this gift guide, we’ve assembled a collection of items that not only look sleek but also fit into a variety of our menfolks’ lifestyles.
1. Banksy: You Are An Acceptable Level of Threat, $35, Urban Outfitters, metro Detroit locations.
A great coffee table book for an artistic guy, who has an affinity for graffiti.
2. Wooden Watch Box, $60, Brookstone, 248.637.2866.
Every guy has his “thing”, and for some men, those things are watches. If you know a guy who seems like he’s wearing a new watch every time you see him, chances are he needs a place to store them, and what better way than a classic wood storage box.
3. Glass Bottles with Wood Stoppers, $19, West Elm, 248.593.8200.
A whiskey bottle with a wooden stopper is a great addition to a man’s bar collection. This bottle also can be monogramed to make it extra special.
4. Shinola Screw Driver Set, $65, Shinola, 313.285.2390.
Great for the handy man in your life, this set is both useful and stylish.
5. Detroit Hustles Harder Tiger Face Tri-blend tee, $32, Division Street Boutique, 313.285.8887.
Buying clothes for anyone is tough, but a Detroit Hustles Harder t-shirt is becoming a universally adored product.
6. Easel Stand for iPad, $69, Restoration Hardware, 248.614.6984.
Great for a dude with a home office—this iPad accessory makes the tablet look even more elegant than it already does.