DIA/DGG's Samurai: Beyond the Armor Fashion Design Competition
VOTING IS NOW CLOSED
Check out all of the finalists' blogs and videos here.
The Finale Fashion Show takes place noon, Saturday, May 17
at Detroit Institute of Arts in Rivera Court.
Cost: Free with general admission
(Museum admission is free for residents in the tri-county area)
(To RSVP, ask for the event by name: Beyond the Armor Fashion Show)
Creations by 10 local designers will dazzle the runway in an unusual fashion show at the Detroit Institute of Arts (DIA) on Saturday, May 17 at noon. The fashion show is the culmination of a competition hosted by the DIA and Detroit Garment Group (DGG), in which the designers were challenged to create outfits inspired by the DIA exhibition, Samurai: Beyond the Sword.
10. Cheryl Zemke - Riverview, C. Creations, Riverview
9. Deanna Zapico - Troy, Deanna Zapico
8. Bridget Sullivan - Grosse Pointe Farms, Bridget Sullivan Designs
7. Kelly Sager - Ann Arbor, Kelly Lynne
6. Bonnie Pearce - Northville, College for Creative Studies student
5. Sarah Lapinski - Detroit, Wound Menswear LLC
4. Loren D. Jordan - Southfield, LOJO
3. Lena Harbali - Ann Arbor, Eastern Michigan University student
2. Janna Coumoundouros - Clawson, Lilacpop Studio
1. Narjes Almajidi - Detroit, Wayne State University student